Monday 6 October 2008

When were you going to tell me?

CUT TO: INT. LIVING ROOM.

MOLLY and GRACE are sat watching a film on the laptop. JACOB enters the room and slumps down on the chair.


GRACE

(To JACOB, not looking up from the film)

Mornin'


JACOB looks at her and winces in pain. MOLLY gets up and takes JACOB to the kitchen.


CUT TO: INT. KITCHEN

Jacob enters the kitchen, followed by MOLLY.


JACOB

and why are we through here?


MOLLY

You said yourself that we needed to sort the water out.


JACOB

I said we'd sort it out.


MOLLY

In case you haven't noticed, you've drunk half that bottle already, we need to sort something out now.


JACOB coughs into his hand, as he pulls his hand away from his mouth, he notices it's covered in blood. He tries to hide it, but MOLLY notices, she grabs his hand and opens it up, revealing the blood.


MOLLY

You're coughing up blood now?! - When were you gonna tell me?


JACOB

I wasn't aware I had to...


MOLLY looks at him disapprovingly for a second.


MOLLY

I was thinking, Grace and I used the water last night. We had coffee. The water can't just have turned in a couple hours. You boiled it, it must have gotten rid of whatever is making you this sick.


JACOB

Well, congrats on that. You're a genius.


MOLLY

Look. I'm trying to help, OK? Grace is doing fuck all. You're sick, the ramifications of which we don't know about yet. You may even turn into one of them. I'm the only one trying to keep us alive here!


JACOB looks at her, kind of shocked.


MOLLY

What? You don't think I've thought about the fact that your illness could be connected with the things out there?

...

Well, I have! - I don't want it to go that way, but we have to be prepared for the worst outcome. I want to be prepared to survive on my own, if need be. Selfish? Perhaps. But I want to live, I'd like to think you do too


and living means water. Water that we can drink without coughing up blood.


MOLLY starts to cry again [she cries a lot, eh?] JACOB extends his arms, to hug her.


JACOB

You've been thinking a lot, huh? Too much, if you ask me... But you're right. The fridge is still working, right?


MOLLY

Yeah...


JACOB

Start boiling up as much water as you can, use any of the containers you can find. Put them all in the fridge.


MOLLY

OK... And what are you going to do?


JACOB

I feel like my insides are being ripped apart, so hopefully you'll forgive me if I take the last of the water in the bottle and go lie down for a bit.


MOLLY

I'll be up to check on you in a bit.


JACOB smiles and leaves MOLLY. She then starts looking through the cupboards for anything that'll hold water. Before boiling the kettle.


No comments: