Thursday 23 October 2008

What about Jack?

<-6 HOURS LATER->


FADE IN: INT. LIVING-ROOM

MOLLY and JACOB are both sat, in silence.


MOLLY

Do you think this was my fault?


JACOB

What?


MOLLY

I hit that guy, he was dead... He got out and...


JACOB

I'd love to say yes, but honestly? He was probably already dead when you hit him.


MOLLY

Hmm. What are we gonna do now though? We can't stay here forever.


There is a sudden banging at the window. Making both JACOB and MOLLY jump.


JACK

LET ME IN!


MOLLY

(to JACOB)

Who the fuck's that?


JACK

C'mon, JAKE, let me in! Please. Quickly – They're coming!


JACOB jumps up and runs to the window, opening the curtains. He sees JACK standing there. He runs to the door and opens it for him.


JACK

(breathing heavily)

Thank.. you..


JACOB

Where have you been?


JACK

I was driving back from Forres, there was a massive accident on the road just outside town. I had to make a run for it. They're everywhere!

MOLLY

...Everywhere?


JACK

I didn't see any 'normal' people on my way here.


MOLLY's eyes begin to tear up, she goes and sits on the couch.


JACOB

(to MOLLY)

What's wrong?


MOLLY

You heard what he just said. There's no-one out there. No parents, no family, no friends...


JACK

...I said I didn't see anyone, there might still be people out there.


MOLLY

And do you either of you really believe that?


Neither of them respond.


MOLLY

Yeah, that's what I thought.


MOLLY gets up and leaves the room. Tears still falling down her face.


No comments: