Tuesday 21 October 2008

Video killed the radio star.

CUT IN: INT. BEDROOM

MOLLY is standing at the window, it's dark outside, the glow of the street light is hitting her face. She's stopped crying, but you can see where the tears have been on her face. Outside, she sees her car, with the boot still open. The street is quiet.


The door to the bedroom opens, she turns quickly to see who it is – it's JACOB.


JACOB

Are you OK?


MOLLY

For now.


JACOB

You should come downstairs, Jack has something you should see.


MOLLY

What?


JACOB

It's a video. You need to watch it.


MOLLY

A video?! - Is now really the time?


JACOB

Trust me. Come on.


CUT TO: INT. LIVINGROOM

JACK is sat on the couch, with his laptop. JACOB and MOLLY enter the room. Seeing MOLLY he puts the laptop on the table. Letting her sit down in front of it.


JACK

OK, just press play.


JACOB

(to MOLLY)

Do you want anything to drink?


MOLLY

Not just now.


JACK and JACOB leave the room and go to the kitchen, MOLLY settles herself on the couch before pressing play.


We see the video “What to do in a Zombie Attack” starts to play.


CUT TO: INT. KITCHEN

JACOB is making coffee for both himself and JACK.


JACOB

You really think the stuff in that video will help?


JACK

I know it's old, but I've looked, I can't find anything else. If we're gonna leave, we have to be prepared. All of us.


JACOB

Where are we going to go though? You said yourself, there's no-one out there.


JACK

I'm not saying we leave town, but we're gonna need food and other supplies.


JACOB

I guess.


CUT TO: INT. LIVINGROOM

MOLLY is still watching the video, we see some more of it. JACOB and JACK come in as it finishes. They sit down and look at MOLLY, she closes the laptop lid.


MOLLY

Why are you looking at me like that?


JACOB

Did you watch it all?


MOLLY

Yeah...


JACK

...and?


MOLLY

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I just watched a 50s informational video telling me how to kill the people I share a town with. How to kill you, if needs-be. What am I supposed to say to that? Do you want me to just go grab a shovel now and start hitting you around the head?


JACOB

I'd rather you didn't, thanks.


MOLLY

Well then, since I have no intention of leaving and nothing to make me want to, telling me to watch that video was sort of pointless, wasn't it?


JACK

But we can't stay here forever...


JACOB

He's right, I mean, we can stay in the house... But I haven't been shopping in days, we're gonna need food and other stuff.


MOLLY

So what you're saying is I have a few choices... Stay here, die of starvation or leave and possibly be attacked. No matter how much food we get, we'll still have to get more. What happens when the supermarket runs out? When we've taken it all, then what? Do we try another town? Hope there's more there?


JACOB

But...


MOLLY

But nothing, you don't think things through. We're fucked no matter what we do. A video telling you to smash their brains in with their own limbs isn't going to help us in the long run.

FADE OUT.

No comments: